Thursday, October 6, 2016

The Temporary Normal

I want to write about our normal life, the new normal but everytime I sit down, I realize how “unnormal” life feels and don’t know how to dialogue about the little things of life when my mind swirls with the escalating political unrest in Ethiopia, hurricanes in Haiti, #blacklivesmatter, car accidents involving people we love… Amidst it all, we are enjoying the little things, doing life as normal as we can (at least until our next move-next week. :))

I’ve had a harder time than I expected getting into the swing of homeschool in the USA but I think we’ve got a good rhythm now. The girls have never schooled in the US, it’s just been a place for fun so it was also hard for them to find motivation to study. I manage to accomplish very little in my days but I am learning my small capacity and learning how to do life again in Indiana.

A few of our normals:

IMG 4383

Goofy girls who find dress up wherever we go…

IMG 4444

sweet friends willing to drive far to meet our growing crew.

IMG 4445

friends who don’t care how long it has been since we’ve seen each other.

IMG 4454

trips to the grocery store

IMG 9321

and the doctor (oh my, between dentist and doctor appointments, it’s been crazy).

IMG 9261

Celebrating a 90th birthday party with Grandma

IMG 9516

Reuniting with cousins

IMG 9140

Working on the farm

IMG 4310

Playing with more cousins…

IMG 9426

Trips to the zoo

IMG 4607

and this little guys who has become part of our normal. The four of us just sit around and stare at him and giggle when he coos.

IMG 4614

Just look at this guy! Two months of sweetness and we don’t know how we ever lived without him. 

IMG 4623

THEO DESIRE 9

Can you believe this was him only two months ago? His birth mom just sent us this photo. 

 During the last two months, we have been living in a furnished apartment, provided for us be people who we barely knew.  They have been the best possible neighbors, showing us how beautiful the Body of Christ can be wherever we are and blessing us everyday. 

IMG 9221

They’ve not only been the neighbors who just wave and say a polite “hello” but the kind of “let’s hang out and share life” kind of neighbors, the best kind if you ask me. 

IMG 9223

 

There it is, our new normal, at least for now. ;)

 

1 comment:

T and M said...

wow, so much to adjust too....I hope your move goes well & thankful we can trust a faithful God who knows us so well.