Sunday, September 24, 2017

The Death Of Our Doggy Friend

We had a funeral this weekend. Our dear dog died on Saturday night. 

IMG 2358

We had a chance to say goodbye on Saturday morning and pray that she would quickly pass as she was in so much pain from old age and an illness. We all cried and will miss her. Even little Tiger, when he saw her in the grave said, “May-May!” his nickname for her and then even our Ethiopian friends cried. 

IMG 2353

We were going to bury her without the girls being present but I realized it felt important for me to see it and so I asked the girls and they also wanted to witness it. I realized how we have talked about death and funerals but we have missed some big ones in the USA and this was cathartic. 

This morning when Yeshi came, I told her the news (in Ethiopian culture, bad news is never delivered over the phone). We went to the burial sight as Yeshi and Macy have been good friends and cried together in the freshly turned dirt.

Thankful we have friends here to share our joys and griefs.  

4 comments:

Shari said...

My eyes are leaking...

bri said...

So sorry for your loss :(

T and M said...

Sorry, G family. This is so sad.

J and M said...

I'm just seeing this:( sending hugs.. and. Saying a prayer.