Wednesday, April 10, 2019

That Holy Space

I am walking through a season of grief, of learning and repenting (maybe more to come on the learning and repenting later :)).  I’m searching to find purpose in the moments and realize they may just wash over me and I ask God for deep roots in Him that I may stand firm. It’s a hard space but it’s holy and sacred as I again acutely see my weakness, my complicity in patterns of this world and my heart so quick to stray from the Words of truth and hope. 

There is a sense of urgency in my mind as my tired arms go through the motions of life. (Does anyone else feel like as soon as you get dishes done it’s time for another meal prep?) But I am reminded here in these mundane things that there is no time to waste, no time to not consecrate to God. If you are a soccer mom, use that holy space to proclaim hope and love to all those around you. If you are in a stage of diapers or the time of cubicles, there are people all around you, yearning for the hope that we have as children of God, disciples of Jesus, radiating from us. 

Additionally, as we wrap up our time in our village, I visualize a deep and fleshy root system, being ripped from the soil and slowly, trying to carefully unwind roots that are entangled with others. It’s hard but by God's grace, I press into this holy space.  

And on another topic, I never posted pictures of Jake and Meika's visit! It was such a sweet time.  Here's a captionless smattering of photos. Someday, I am going to get all organized with pictures but not today. ;)
























Sending love across the miles.

3 comments:

Margo said...

Sweet pictures! I'm so glad Jake & Meika could see your corner of the world!! We'll be praying for you as you transition away from your village. Psalm 46:10 Be still and know that I am God. Love you! Margo

Teresa said...

Transitions in life....ugh! I've claimed this verse this week. It popped out last Sunday during the service. Jeremiah 32:27 Behold, I am the Lord, the God of all flesh: is there any thing to hard for me?
Maybe this can help you too. Love you all!
Teresa

heidi said...

Your posts always speak to my soul. As so the pictures!! Your kids are growing too fast! Prayers as you make another transition... trusting and knowing God will go before you and show His faithfulness!!! Heidi c.