Tuesday, May 15, 2018

A Day Of Mother's Day

We are closing in on ten weeks in one spot. That is longer than we have been in any spot in over 2 years. It has felt incredible to have time to settle a bit. We are coming up on meetings in various Ethiopian locations and a three-week series of travels, I know there is adventure to be had there…Trying to focus on the adventure potential and not just ALL THE PACKING AND KIDS IN DIFFERENT BEDS. ;)

Sunday, the kids, Aubrey and Jon all worked hard to make my day special and it was.

DSC 1269

We hiked at a nearby lake. One picture where everyone was looking, no small feat. 

DSC 1287

Most looked like this. :)

Every Mother’s Day is a time of sweetness but also humility as God has given us these four gifts of children. The three who were born from another women’s body make me contemplative, thankful and achy. Adoption is the weightiest gift I have ever received. 

“A child born to another woman calls me mommy.

The magnitude of that tragedy and the depth of that privilege are not lost on me.”

-Jody Landers

DSC 1294

The littles in our family have decided their older sisters are the best. I’ve been waiting for this. A told me, “Mom, I think the babies think we are famous. You should see how they look at me.”

DSC 1316

Melt my heart

DSC 1350

We are also so glad to have Aubrey here, lifting my hands up in many ways. 

She leaves the beginning of July and our year-of-the-girl will be complete. How amazing it has been to have Raquel, Eliza, Whitney and Aubrey join us.

 

 

2 comments:

Shari said...

So good to know that you were celebrated on Mother's Day! Your quote regarding adoption is so powerful. I love you!

Teresa said...

You deserve to be celebrated!