Saturday, July 24, 2010

Okay, So Here is the Dealie-o

Hi!  Sorry it has been so quiet on my end.  We have had quite the week...Unfortunately, I am going to violate my cardinal blogging rule and post without a picture!  yikes! Hopefully pictures will come soon as we now have internet.

We are vacationing with my family at a nearby lake.  Jon is doing work from there and we are having a great time.   However, our first night, we were visited by thieves.  I have never had anything big stolen, but my vehicle had the window busted out and my laptop was taken.  Jon's car had his laptop and work bag in it as well.  Stolen.  So frustrating.  It is kind of sobering to realize how much I depend on a machine! We hope the police can recover something.  Jon has been scrambling to rebuild what we have lost and our insurance, praise the Lord, has agreed to replace them after we pay our deductible.

The girls are doing well now.  We stay in a cottage with a lot of family, aunts, uncles, grandma, cousins, etc.  We had our big bumps in the road but now they both have adjusted and on Thursday night, I finally got out behind the boat.

I did lose my address list/Christmas card list.  If you would be so kind, I would greatly appreciate your snail mail!  If you would like to e-mail them to me instead of leaving a comment, you can use amymichellegerst@gmail.com

Okay, more to come with pictures and less pity-party! ;)

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oh, I'm so sorry you guys! That is no good at all. I was just about to send you a FB message letting you know I was thinking of you guys and still praying, but decided to check the blog first. Thanks for sharing the story. I'm glad the four of you are all ok, and that the insurance company is coming through for you with little hassle.

Justin & Sarah said...

Oh Amy! Did you lose all your pictures of the girls? Or did you have them backed up? I am glad to hear that the insurance is willing to pay for new laptops. :)