Friday, April 2, 2010

Gotcha Day

Do these girls need picked up, or what? 

One evening, while Jon was working late, I went on Youtube and searched for "Gotcha Day" videos.

Oh my.  I would recommend it if you have time and don't mind tearing up a lot (okay, I was weeping more than tearing up, but I am a really emotional). 

Gotcha Day is the term that has been coined as the day when the adoptive parents finally meet their children.  Many adoptive families celebrate these days annually, almost like a birthday, by pulling out the pictures/videos from the trip and remembering. I have heard that children that are adopted at an older age, actually prefer to celebrate their Gotcha Day as their birthdays can feel very bittersweet.

Needless to say, I AM DYING, no, too dramatic...I cannot wait for our day.  If all goes according to plan, our Gotcha Day will be on April 18th or 19th.


May your Good Friday be blessed!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

So close! This month! Woo hoo! I used to love Gotcha Day videos too. Now I like to watch ours (in fact, I think I'm going to go watch them* now!). :-) Can't wait until you post yours so I can watch it!

*Plural because my husband traveled to Eth solo, so he's got a Gotcha day with our son, and then I've got a Gotcha day with him- both were videotaped and are on the blog.

Anonymous said...

I too love to watch those videos on Youtube :) We'll be praying for you both as you travel, and can't wait to hear about your trip!