Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Winners and WOW, Your Ideas!

Wow!  I loved reading your ideas about how to use your talents to raise money for a cause! You got my mind spinning and many of you expressed that you don’t feel crafty either.  Read the following ideas and be inspired that you can still be creative about raising money for a cause!

“I love to cook. SO, I made a menu with 15 soups, main dishes and desserts on it and people e-mail me their order, I will make it and deliver it to them! The food will be delivered freezer ready so they don't have to eat it right away. I've gotten a great response so far!” -Mindy

“I've considered doing children's photography with all proceeds going toward an adoption, I've used the funds for that before for a specific adoption...but I've never channeled all of it all the time for children's shoots.” –Andria

“I did lots of sewing when we were raising money for our adoption. Mostly items related to cloth diapering.” –Christa

“I've thought it would be fun to host a Christmas party, and instead of doing a grab where everyone has to buy gifts, everyone could bring $ for a cause and the evening could be spent eating and playing games. :)” –Christen

“…But I love to talk, I am passionate about children, and I love the things the Lord loves. So I figure I could do some word of mouth advertising for people who are doing super crafty, sewing, cooking kind of projects. Also, I love to help. So any of the commenters who needs help with their projects, no job is too small or too big, I would love to walk along side of them.” –Suzy

“I've always thought it would be fun to do Casseroles for a Cause or something similar, kind of like a previous commenter. Profits would go towards a charity.” –Mandy

“I do love to cook and bake. I could always do a bake sale!” –Joy

“…What I do well is listen (counselor by trade) and talk (a by product of having to listen all the time). So, for our daughter's care center, we talked a lot to our friends, family, and coworkers about the orphan situation around the world. And, we ask them to prayerfully consider making a donation of supplies, clothes, baby items, even cash (and we will shop for them)” –Sheila

“I love art and creating art. I think it would be fun to do custom paintings/mixed media art for people in exchange for donations.” –Ashton

“I randomly started making hair accessories when my daughter was little and then it turned into a business/ministry and I love it!” –Tricia (MouseyMom from Frills and Flowers)

“I made brooches a couple years ago and still sell some here-and-there” –Sarah

“…I can sew very simple things...Like with straight lines that don't have to be very straight (lol)...” –Jessica F.

“I love to organize so I was thinking more like a garage sale.” Ashley B.

“Last Christmas we did a mall scavenger hunt with our Sunday School class. The last thing on the list was to buy gifts for children who would not be receiving gifts for Christmas from their families.” –Meika

“I enjoy making pacifier clips, brooches, hair clips for girls, and burp cloths.” –Jessica (T)

“I thought I could make meals for people to purchase and then donate the money. I work with people that would gladly buy meals to take home.” –Teresa

“I do have a few hobbies that I love doing. Though I have no learned experience, I love photographing our girls. And, I love decorating, especially with antiques!” -Lorelei

Congratulations to our winners! 

Sarah F.

Alison

Lorelei

You can go to Vanessa’s site contact Vanessa directly to place your order and give her your address at vanessa@lynndavid.com.

Thanks so much one27   for sponsoring this giveaway!

3 comments:

sarah.flyingkites said...

Really? No way! Sure was NOT expecting my name to show up. Great! Thanks, Amy!!

Wee said...

Yay! How exciting! The first time to be able to get my comment to go through ends up a winner! Thanks so much, Amy!

Alison said...

YAY!!! Thanks so much for letting me know, Amy! We have been so crazy and I haven't had a lot of time to check blogs! I had no idea I won!!!! SO excited! Thanks!!!