Thursday, December 15, 2011

It’s The Thought That Counts?

Because we are going to be singing at a nursing home tonight, we thought it would be a good opportunity to practice giving to others. 

“Girls, who wants to decorate Christmas cookies?”

Christmas Cookies 191

They both started on the same cookie

Christmas Cookies 192

Oh yeah, good and decorated.

Christmas Cookies 196 Christmas Cookies 197

TIme for a cookie!

Christmas Cookies 202

Little A shoves it all in, Little J took her time, licking off the frosting and adding sprinkles to each bite.

Christmas Cookies 205 Christmas Cookies 207

A small sampling of their work.

Christmas Cookies 211 

Hopefully it is the thought that blesses and not the perfection of the product. :)

4 comments:

Mindy said...

YUMMY!! Personally, I think my kids make the best Christmas cookies because the frosting is piled high and there are tons of sweet decorations on top!

Wee said...

Bless you, Amy, for tackling this project!! :) My girls have been begging me to do this, too. The nice thing now is that they even do most of the work! My memories of cut-out cookies are that they seem to go on and on and on and..... (you get my drift) :)

Cindy E. said...

Such a precious post. A few days ago I rolled out cookies BY MYSELF and I was kicking myself for the times that I thought it would be more enjoyable without all the mess. Embrace the chaos, it is what the memories are made of!

Q said...

Great Job, Little A and Little J! Those look so yummy! Do I notice a princess making cookies? (Of course, that is why we couldn't stuff a cookie in our mouth.)
These are my favorite types of cookies. I feel they embody the heart of a child - give, give, and then give some more.