Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Sweet Little Baby

Sweet Little J has a cold.

11-2 039

This is how she looked after I got her out of the crib this morning, swollen nose and eyes and smeared with dried snot.  She was still as sweet as ever. :)

Here’s to hoping that Winter doesn’t consist of the girls passing a cold back and forth!

And a video to prep us for Orphan Sunday:

Hope is Fading – Orphan Sunday from Allan Rosenow on Vimeo.

I cried each time I watched this video.  This video has a strong adoption message.  While adoption is incredible, what is wonderful about the body of Christ is that we are all commanded to care for the orphan, widow, stranger, but this can look a million different ways.  We can serve these groups of people through many different avenues. I was talking with an adoptive mom and she told me that someone made the comment to her about being set for life in your “orphan ministry”.  She challenged me in her response.  Once you adopt, your “orphan” becomes your son or daughter.  Bringing an orphan into your home through adoption does not make one exempt from being involved on behalf of the fatherless, the widow or the stranger.

The point of Orphan Sunday is to do something.

If you are interested in more videos for Orphan Sunday, go to www.orphansunday.org and click on the “Resources” link.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

let me try that again....

If a sicky can be cute she certainly is.

I will tell you from experience that cross contamination is inevitable. :) LOL