Wednesday, June 23, 2010

He Knows How To Make Me Laugh...

On Saturday, I woke up on the wrong side of the bed.  WAIT, that's not strong enough, I woke up in someone else's bed or something.  Have you ever had those days when you know how gross you feel inside and you keep begging for the grace to not act out on your feelings?  Well, I was having one of those and was failing miserably at accepting the grace and being a pleasant person. 

Jon was watching one of the girls on the porch and I came out to tell him something. 
There he was, just waiting on me to come out.
I had a good belly laugh and tried to refrain from criticizing that he was wrecking the Bumbo.

I know you have seen a lot of shots in the Bumbos (which, by the way, is perfectly fine after it's squashing), but I had to include this one when I am talking about things that make me laugh...the girls are interacting so much these days!
  
In this picture, Jada is trying to get Adia's pacifier.  They are back and forth all day, suddenly Jada squawks, oops, Adia took her toy.  A few minutes later, Jada cries again, Adia has a firm grip on her hair.  Adia is normally the toy stealer and hair-puller, but Jada usually tries to take Adia's pacifier.  Jada touches Adia more but Adia has a very high tolerance for it, much higher than Jada.  So, I don't feel like one is more of a bully, I just hear more about it when Jada is wronged by Adia. (A foreshadow of life to come?) However, today I put them in the same crib while I tried to clean up the nursery and suddenly, a very frustrated Adia starts squealing.  I get over to the crib and Adia is pinned up against the side, while Jada has a firm chomp/suck on her arm. 

If I leave them close, anywhere, they will be touching, rubbing, sucking, pulling, messing with each other.  It is so cute.

The pinnacle of cuteness, today during their solid food feeding, they held hands.  It wasn't one more than the other, it was a mutual experience, not for more than 30 seconds, but oh my.  I about melted. 

1 comment:

Holli said...

so sweet!
our girls can't be left together AT ALL! not even if we are in the same room. Simone goes right for the hair and face.... hopefully not a foreshadow! :) can't wait till Stella can crawl away! :) So wish we could have a play date!