Sunday, June 13, 2010

My Wife...The Mama...What a Woman She Is!

So I (Jon) have wanted to post for awhile with hopes of surprising Amy, but it turns out when I asked Kristen about the password, Amy saw the text.  So, although this isn't going to be the surprise I had hoped it to be nor a post close to Mother's Day, I am still honored to have the opportunity to show all of you readers another angle to the woman behind this words and pictures of this blog :)

This may not come as a surprise to most of you, but Amy has been INCREDIBLE with our two little treasures from day one!  She has always been the type that needed a good 8 hrs. of sleep each night (or more) to make it through the day well...and as most parents can attest, that is quite difficult with infants in your home.  In addition to this challenge, two infants at one time has many daily difficulties that leave mama with very short windows of personal "catch-up" time during the day.  Despite these challenges, and many others that many moms face day after day, Amy continues to nurture and love on our girls way beyond what I ever realized mamas could do. 

Things like feeding, after feeding, after feeding...
And bathing, after bathing, after bathing...
And rocking, after rocking, after rocking...
And transporting, and transporting, and transporting...
Basically, if you see our girls looking something like this...

or like this...

It is because mama is somewhere close!  My mother used to recite the old saying, "a man may work from dawn to dusk, but a woman's work is never done," and I don't think I ever understood it fully until I have observed my wife over these last two months with our girls.  She is a compassionate and very gifted mother whom everyone in this house (especially yours truly) treasures very, very much!

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Thanks for your post, Jon! Amy, you definitely deserve a lot of credit--you are amazing and you really inspire me. Love you guys!

LauraZ said...

Wow, I do not even know you guys personally but this brought tears to my eyes! This is sweet. You two are both very blessed. Thank you for sharing!

Holli said...

SO VERY SWEET!!!
Best gift a husband (and dad) can give the mom is to acknowledge how hard we work all day, everyday!!!
Amy you look like a PRO TO ME!!

Wee said...

Such an awesome post, Jon!